Safeguarding issues raised ....again

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
You are lucky you have family to help support you. I had no-one apart from my husband who could only do so much. My dad had Safeguarding issues all over the place and a social worker who appeared only occasionally and forced me to move dad from a nursing home where he was happy and settled to one where, on paper, it was better but dad's care wasn't as good and he wasn't as happy. It meant moving him 100 miles when he was approaching the end of life and then two hospital stays. I was then on my own trying to visit to settle dad but it was a lost cause. Dad died 5 months later in a terrible way as the anticipatory medication wasn't used. The system is a mess and however much we try to do right for our loved one it never seems to be enough. I am left heart-broken and blaming myself as I couldn't make my dad's end easier.
Karen
Oh my lovely I totally understand that, my family consists of my husband & my daughter when she moved back home in September. My son is in Australia.... I’ve not seen him since he left August 2018! My Dad to passed in a way that has raised issues into care in care homes- it’s ongoing even though Dad dies in December 2019- Friday the 13th .. Dad had a sense of humour & would chuckle at that date!
i am continuing to follow the safeguarding issues raised! I have spoken to so many & the system is so broken ... only by speaking to my mp do I actually feel that something somewhere might change! I have a lighter heart as I feel as if it’s a possibility of actual change
Would writing to your mp help?
sending you (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Karen22

Nov 3, 2012
Oh my lovely I totally understand that, my family consists of my husband & my daughter when she moved back home in September. My son is in Australia.... I’ve not seen him since he left August 2018! My Dad to passed in a way that has raised issues into care in care homes- it’s ongoing even though Dad dies in December 2019- Friday the 13th .. Dad had a sense of humour & would chuckle at that date!
i am continuing to follow the safeguarding issues raised! I have spoken to so many & the system is so broken ... only by speaking to my mp do I actually feel that something somewhere might change! I have a lighter heart as I feel as if it’s a possibility of actual change
Would writing to your mp help?
sending you (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

Karen22

Nov 3, 2012
Thank you, it might. I hadn't thought of that. I've sort of been paralysed and not done anything even though I've wanted to since it all happened. The problem is that I'm just over the border in Wales so CQC doesn't operate here and the Home where dad is had a 'good' report even though I thought it wasn't that great. Everyone gangs up and I had no contact with anyone after dad died. The hospital where dad was was in England and on the website it's supposed to have help for families with patients at the end of life but I got no help at all, even though I was breaking both physically and emotionally.
Thank you for your kind words and support.
Karen

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Thank you, it might. I hadn't thought of that. I've sort of been paralysed and not done anything even though I've wanted to since it all happened. The problem is that I'm just over the border in Wales so CQC doesn't operate here and the Home where dad is had a 'good' report even though I thought it wasn't that great. Everyone gangs up and I had no contact with anyone after dad died. The hospital where dad was was in England and on the website it's supposed to have help for families with patients at the end of life but I got no help at all, even though I was breaking both physically and emotionally.
Thank you for your kind words and support.
Karen
I do understand - Dads home had an outstanding awarded then..... well let’s just say things slid a bit after another big company bought them !
It’s a rotten system at times
(((((Hugs)))))

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Vent Alert!!!
the safeguarding meeting minutes have finally arrived!
oh the irony !
the list of agreed actions ... which never happened!
I raised a complaint against the safeguarding review report! Thankfully
Which makes that report now receiving these minutes look ridiculous!
what tangled web these “fools” weave!

im so pleased my MP has taken an interest in Dads case.... it’s a house of cards that needs toppling with multi- agencies( bar a few compassionate honest souls) all contributing to this now toxic situation.
No longer will we be a lone voice in a system that is so wrong in soo many ways, but have backing from a voice of authority that will be heard if not taken heed of!
YET within this system are conscientious souls who are doing their best, the higher you get it seems that profits & pleasing corporate bodies come above the duty of care that binds them legally.

so though my heart is breaking allover again for what my lovely Dad experienced , my hurt / anger / anguish are for once tinged with the small hope that for some other family I may make their loved ones journey through dementia a smother passage than ours.
HOPE
I live with a glimmer of hope....
so the safeguarding thread stays open until a full conclusion .
We could be a while....... but good things are worth waiting for.