Sad news.

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Went to register mums death today, we actually knew the guy who was taking mums details he used to work in our town but now he is in the next town over, got one or two stories from him about mum so that brought a smile to my face.
I went to see mums friend, she was at the nurse today getting her blood checked. The nurse asked why she never came yesterday as she usually gets it done on Tuesday, she said she was at her best friends funeral, then she just started crying and couldn't stop, the nurse gave her a hug, she said she couldn't help it she just started crying. I told her I am like that and I will dread bumping into someone who doesn't know mum has died, mums friend did say she felt like something is not right. I said its like there is a hole in your life, as mum was a large part of it and will take some time to adjust to mum not being there, so if she breaks down crying its ok.
I would like to think mum was happy with how I did things for her funeral and how our life together was even when she was ill, I just wish I could have done more to help her.
Mum wasn't just my mum she was also my best friend, its like I said there is a hole in my life something is missing, mum. Anytime I can burst into tears, but night time is the worst at the moment. As I said yesterday Connie has been a great help.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
What a shame about your mum's friend. I'm glad the nurse was kind to her.

I always find it harder when people are nice to me.

I'm sure your mum would have been happy with the funeral. It's clear you loved her very much and I'm sure she knew that.

Take care. x

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
I didn't know about the finger/ hand prints, bit different I must admit. I have a chunk of mums hair, I asked for a lock and got slightly more than what I thought I would get but I don't mind, just have to find a suitable locket to put it in.
I managed to download the pictures I took of mum from my phone to the laptop, now just have to do the same from the camera, used both just incase I accidently deleted one lot (which hasn't happened as yet).
Will have a listen to the piece of music a bit later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar