Sad news

Marcelle123

Nov 9, 2015
Yorkshire
So sorry to read about the loss of your lovely wife at such a young age.
Wishing you solace in that you cared for her so much - my condolences to you and your family. xx

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
My sincere condolences to you @Philbo .

I’ve always admired the way you managed to carve out a life for yourself and your wife which accommodated that unwelcome guest, dementia. Linda is a peace now and I hope you can find peace for yourself in time.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that my beautiful wife Linda passed away yesterday afternoon, after a 6 year dementia journey.

If you've read my numerous posts/contributions, you may recall that back in August, after getting a UTI whilst in respite for 2 weeks, she went from hospital to full time care in a nursing home in late September.

A few weeks before Christmas, she had another UTI (spending 3 days in hospital again) which really seemed to knock her down. They started having a job to get her to take food (not opening her mouth, then probs swallowing).

Last Monday, they called the GP as her heart rate dropped and he prescribed end of life meds. She didn't need these until Friday but we had to watch her deteriorate further until yesterday, her breathing had become rapid and shallow. She kept fighting, bless her, until mid afternoon and it was very harrowing for me and the family to witness, but we were all glad we were with her.

She is at peace now - its just so unfair that she had to go through any of this at such a young age (69 a couple of weeks ago). This dreadful disease has robbed us both of our retirement years we had planned and looked forward to.

I am both relieved and heartbroken.

RIP my lovely.

Many thanks to TP and members for being there these last 6 years.

Dear Philbo,

I'm so sorry. I've read your posts many times. You did your best and you need to think that she is free of dementia.

Hugs

MaNaAk

BSN

Oct 1, 2017
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that my beautiful wife Linda passed away yesterday afternoon, after a 6 year dementia journey.

If you've read my numerous posts/contributions, you may recall that back in August, after getting a UTI whilst in respite for 2 weeks, she went from hospital to full time care in a nursing home in late September.

A few weeks before Christmas, she had another UTI (spending 3 days in hospital again) which really seemed to knock her down. They started having a job to get her to take food (not opening her mouth, then probs swallowing).

Last Monday, they called the GP as her heart rate dropped and he prescribed end of life meds. She didn't need these until Friday but we had to watch her deteriorate further until yesterday, her breathing had become rapid and shallow. She kept fighting, bless her, until mid afternoon and it was very harrowing for me and the family to witness, but we were all glad we were with her.

She is at peace now - its just so unfair that she had to go through any of this at such a young age (69 a couple of weeks ago). This dreadful disease has robbed us both of our retirement years we had planned and looked forward to.

RIP my lovely.

I am so sorry to hear of your wife’s passing. You and your family are in my thoughts. take care, Bx

CWR

Mar 17, 2019
(((((((((Hugs, Philbo)))))))))

RIP my lovely.

I hope it helps you to know how many of us have gone through this, and that you have friends here, ready to give support and advice.You will go through a whole mix of emotions,

RIP my lovely.

I am sorry to hear this. 69 is a terribly young age to succumb to this dreadful disease.Feel free to vent your emotions on here. It has helped me doing so.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry to read your news @Philbo.

When I see a new title like this from a long standing member my heart misses a beat. I do hope you`ll stay with DTP for support for as long as you need it.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I am so sorry for your news @Philbo - you gave such loving care throughout and, as tough as those last days can be, I am glad that you were able to be with your lovely wife until the end. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
I am sorry to hear your sad news @Philbo. You have been a source of good advice and comfort to many on Dementia Talking Point and we remain here to help you where we can. With all best wishes at this hard time.

Wakky

Jan 5, 2020

RIP my lovely.

I am new here, but my heart aches for you. Condolences to you and your family

Philbo

Feb 28, 2017
Kent
A very quick thank you for all your kind and thoughtful responses so far. It really does mean a lot.

Phil

Locket Love

Sep 17, 2019
Thinking of you @Philbo at this sad time. It's such a heartbreaking condition. I lost my Mum on 3rd January. She was only 70. Her funeral is this week. I still can't believe she's gone. Free from pain and torment of this hideous illness. Sending you strength. Take some time for yourself.