Sad news this morning

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
This morning my Mum suddenly collapsed while the nurses were attending to her and she had to be rushed to hospital. By the time we got there, she had already died and there may have to be a post-mortem, as it is an unexpected death. She'd had a tummy bug, but had recovered from this and was drinking and eating normally.
I think she may have had an aneurism and if this shows up on her hospital records, then this could have happened at any time.
Although it was rather a shock for us all, at least Mum didn't suffer and she did look very peaceful, when we saw her.
Kayla

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Oh, Kayla, I'm really really sorry to hear about your mum. I know how close you were to her and how much you had cared for her. That must be a terrible shock. I'm thinking of you and sending you every possible kind thought and much sympathy. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. I'm not very far away from you.
Love Deborah

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Kayla, how awful for you all - such a terrible shock.

I think you're right thought - a very quick way to go.

Thinking of you

Love

Jennifer

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Kayla

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. It must have been a terrible shock for you. I'm glad it was peaceful at the end, that must be some comfort to you.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are.

With love and sympathy,

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hi Kayla

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum, i'm sure you'll still be reeling from the shock, but please remember that there will always be support here for you when you need it.

Love Alex x

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Kayla

So sorry to see your message, what a terrible shock for you, but perhaps reassuring that your Mum was so peaceful when you saw her and hopefully that is how you will remember her.

With much sympathy

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Kayla

I am so sorry to hear your sad news.

You have been so creative and considerate in caring for your mum and extending your ideas to others ...... I personally appreciate all you have shared here in that journey.

With love, personal thanks and of course condolences at this time ....

Karen, x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Kayla,

I was so shocked to read your message and can only send my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences.

Sudden death is such a shock for the ones left behind, but a gift for the ones who go.

I hope you don`t suffer too much of a delayed reaction and so glad you saw your mum at peace.

With love xx

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Thank you for all your kind messages. The Nursing Home staff were all so caring when we popped in to collect Mum's things. They looked after her really well and I think they were quite upset and shocked that Mum has died so suddenly.
We were also well treated by the hospital staff, and the Hospital Chaplain said some prayers for Mum.
I can't fault the care that she has received at her Nursing Home and we are very grateful that she was reasonably happy there. I think Mum's friend will miss her, but perhaps she'll find another person to be friends with.
Kayla

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Oh kayla

I am so sorry to read about your mother passing away , what a shock yes I bet her friends are going to miss your mother just like you are also . I can only imagine how lovely your mother was , what lovely memories she has left her friends because of knowing your mother

I only say that because even thought I do not know your mother the support you have show me and what we shared in PM was like no other, your contribution in sharing with me , gave me a new meaning in life showing me what TP was really about , if you don't mind me adding oh I am going to miss you seeing you on TP ((hugs))

I do hope in time when your ready your come back on TP xx

Last edited:

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi Kayla.
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mum. I send to you my deepest sympathy along with warmest wishes. Take Care. Taffy.

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
Kayla said:
Thank you for all your kind messages. The Nursing Home staff were all so caring when we popped in to collect Mum's things. They looked after her really well and I think they were quite upset and shocked that Mum has died so suddenly.
We were also well treated by the hospital staff, and the Hospital Chaplain said some prayers for Mum.
I can't fault the care that she has received at her Nursing Home and we are very grateful that she was reasonably happy there. I think Mum's friend will miss her, but perhaps she'll find another person to be friends with.
Kayla

Never forget that we are always here for you Kayla.