Sad news and a thank you

okmurrays

Oct 17, 2007
kelowna, bc, canada
Hello

We heard today that my Dad had been admitted to hospital with a chest infection and was very ill. We live in Canada and Dad is in the UK, so the eight hour time difference meant we got the news this afternoon.

An hour later we had another call to say he had passed away. It was particularly shocking as at the beginning of the week, although he had a chest infection, my Mum had thought him brighter when she visited his care home.

The news is yet to sink in and I am busy planning flights and so on, but I paused to say thank you to everyone who offered help and support during the difficult times, when he was so ill, and Mum was struggling to support him.

Take care and many thanks.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Sharon

I'm so sorry to read your news, it must have come as a terrible shock for you. I hope you manage to arrange flights. What with the snow and increased airport security, it's not going to be an easy journey for you.

I hope your mum is OK, she must be devastated.

Please let us know you're OK.

Love,

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Please accept my sincere condolences too. I hope you have a safe journey and wish you strength for the coming weeks ahead. My thoughts are with you and your family

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
I am sorry to read of your loss. Hope your Mum is baring up, she will be glad to have you with her. I wish you a safe journey back to the UK.
Kindest regards
Hazel

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
I'm so sorry you've lost your Dad; although the suddenness of it was a shock for you, at least it may have been more merciful for him than an extended lingering illness would have been.

I hope your travelling isn't too difficult and you find your Mum as well as can be expected.

Best wishes

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Please accept my sincere condolences.

I hope that you are able to make reasonable travel plans, and that you arrive safely to be a comfort to your dear mum.

Michele

Oct 6, 2007
My thoughts are with you and your family. I am so sorry of your loss.

Please take care of yourself.

Love
Michele
xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951