Sad loss

Time trader

Dec 30, 2014
It has been a long time since I posted anything and even then it was to say how difficult we were all finding it to cope with our Dad's dementia.

Sadly I now have to say that Dad passed away a short while ago. The cause of death was other medical problems but I believe the dementia played a big part in so far as he would forget to drink enough, forget to take antibiotics properly and forget to eat properly etc.

Dad's dementia was quite mild in comparison to some comments that I have read on this forum and I feel the distress and pain in each and every one of you.

Our Dad's suffering is over now and I hope a cure for this dreadful condition is found very soon.

Finally, to all those caring for a dementia sufferer and all those suffering with the disease at any stage I send my heartfelt best wishes and regards and sincerely hope that each and every one of you finds some kind of calm, relief and respite from the turmoil and anxiety the condition brings.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
You have my sympathy for your loss. However the final moments happen and whatever caused them, it is still the loss of your Dad and you need time to grieve.
Take care of yourself, Maureen.

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
I am so very sorry for your loss. Its two years yesterday since I lost my Dad from this illness and now am caring at home for Mum with the same. Its never easy to lose a parent especially in this way and I do so feel for you. Take care of yourself. xx

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Please accept my condolences for the loss of your dad. I hope you are comforted by knowing he is now free of illness and at peace.
It is so thoughtful of you to think of all those still coping with dementia, thank you.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Time Trader - I've never come across you before on here, but I couldn't read this and not respond. What a lovely message you ended with. My heartfelt sympathies to you on the loss of your father. I know what it's like when a parent isn't there any more. It leaves such a hole. I wish you love and peace.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm sorry to read of your dad's passing. Please accept my condolences.

What a lovely post. It's so kind of you to think of others living with dementia at this time when you are grieving.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Please accept my condolences for your loss. I hope that you find strength to cope with your grief and find peace in knowing that your Dad is no longer in pain and confusion.

Take care

Lyn T XX

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Dear TimeTrader, how lovely of you to think of others at what must be such a very sad time for you. Losing a parent leaves such an empty place in your life, and I send you my very deepest sympathy. You have been strong, and now you will need to take good care of yourself. With love, Anne. XX

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Hi Time Trader my deepest sympathies to you for the loss of your dad
Just wanted to agree with others how kind of you to think of others at a sad time in your life it is a lovely post so thanks

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
So sorry for your loss Timetrader and I echo what everybody already said, how lovely and kind of you to think of others at this sad time xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
So sorry to hear of your sad loss. Your final paragraph will be appreciated by many, I'm sure, as will your thoughtfulness at such a difficult time.

Last edited:

geum123

May 20, 2009
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your Dad, Time Trader.
Wishing you and your family strength in the coming weeks.

Love Geum xxxx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jliesman