Ruth's funeral yesterday

afghan

Nov 2, 2005
Kent
My beloved Ruth was given a rousing sendoff yesterday. Church bells, choir and a packed church. I spoke the words I had been writing in my mind for so many years.
I am coping well. When I feel sad I remember her choking on her food and the fact that every capacity had been removed from her. She is now free from Alzheimers, at peace, no longer suffering. It is only we that are left that now suffer.
Loads of donations for the Alzheimer's Society that will be sent with a request that they go into the research fund. Oh for the miracle of a cure!

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Afghan
i'm really pleased the day went well.
be strong....we're all here for you
Love Wendy xx

nicetotalk

Sep 22, 2006
stretford
Hi Afghan
Iam glad the funeral went well, our loved ones that pass over i know are at rest, and it is the loved ones left behind that suffer, take each day as it comes it has been a year since my mum passed over, my dad cared for her at home she was 62 when passed every one copes differently each hour that passes must be so hard you take care of yourself as i know she is deep in your heart

kathy

Irish_Lisa

Feb 24, 2007
N.Ireland
I'm pleased that the funeral went as well as can be expected for you. It's hard right now for you I'm sure but when I was upset or thinking too much I realised how it was a release for us both (me and my granddad). I miss him daily but I didn't want to watch him suffering day after day and granddad would never have wanted to end up as he did either, nevermind getting worse. I hope the days and weeks following are good to you and that you find peace and comfort. xxx

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hello afghan,

thanks for bringing us up to date. I am so pleased you feel you are coping well. I can understand that.

Do take care of yourself and continue to keep us up to date with how you are getting on.

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Hi Afghan,

I am pleased the day went well for you and you were able to say the words you wanted, it's so important I feel.

I understand how you say you are coping, my Mum says the same about when the feelings of sadness come. Then she remembers how Dad was at the end and feels relief that his suffering is over. People ask her "how are you?" and she says "I'm ok", and sometimes she is, but at others of course there are many tears. A lot of the thoughts she had about the bereaved have been changed. She thought she might not want to talk about Dad for fear of getting upset, but she now likes to recount stories from the past to anyone who will listen and loves looking at old photographs and movies of Dad. As nicetotalk says, everyone copes differently.

Thinking of you,

love from Hazel.