The roller coaster accelerates. Dad has gone downhill faster than anything I've ever seen at Alton Towers Diagnosed at the end of February, permanent in nursing home by middle of March, unable to walk by about May, and now it looks like he might be on his way out altogether. I went in to see him last night and he was sitting in a low chair, with fan on his face. He has temperature, chest infection, shaking, breathing fast, blood sugar up, blood pressure down. GP has been today and put him on anti-biotics, but he's hardly able to swallow anything. Tried ages to give him drink, thickened with whatever revolting stuff they use ....... but it was pouring back out his mouth or he was coughing and it came down his nose. Lovely nurse managed to get his anti-biotic down him and said he would come back later and make sure dad had had something to drink. But they saying this might go either way. I asked what happens if he becomes more ill, whether he goes into hospital or not. To my horror they say I will need to decide what happens! How on earth do I go about trying to think about that one? I assume others here have been there before ........ please could anyone advise or explain a bit more about how the system works????? Knowing dad's rate of decline it could be days or even hours before I'm going to have to be making these kind of decisions.