Rubber Goods.

Maywalk

Apr 16, 2014
As you probably know from my previous posting that my hubby has Short Term Memory Dementia and this happened recently.
It struck me as SO comical I thought others might like a laugh.
We can all do with a good belly laugh at times.

The other evening when my son called in hubby was looking a bit frantic and said ................
“I cant find my walking stick.”

Son…. “Is this it?” as he picked one up off the floor that had fallen between the chairs

Hubby…. “Let me have a look because mine is different to your Mums ” he then turned it upside down.

Son….. ” What on earth are you doing Dad?”

Hubby….. “I know which is mine because I have worn my nob out”

Son looking bewildered….. ” YOUR NOB”??????????????? :eek:

Hubby …..” Yes my rubber cover got worn out my thing is sticking through”

Son ……..” Do you mean the ferrule protector?

Hubby ……..” No I mean my end bit has worn through and you can see my middle bit showing that scrapes on the floor.”

Son……. ” Dad shall we start again?” :confused:

Needless to say I was rolling up with laughter. :D:D:D:D

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Very funny.

But also, leaving aside the unintentional double entendre, very well explained. So, cheering on both counts.

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
Maywalk.

As you probably know from my previous posting that my hubby has Short Term Memory Dementia and this happened recently.
It struck me as SO comical I thought others might like a laugh.
We can all do with a good belly laugh at times.

The other evening when my son called in hubby was looking a bit frantic and said ................
“I cant find my walking stick.”

Son…. “Is this it?” as he picked one up off the floor that had fallen between the chairs

Hubby…. “Let me have a look because mine is different to your Mums ” he then turned it upside down.

Son….. ” What on earth are you doing Dad?”

Hubby….. “I know which is mine because I have worn my nob out”

Son looking bewildered….. ” YOUR NOB”??????????????? :eek:

Hubby …..” Yes my rubber cover got worn out my thing is sticking through”

Son ……..” Do you mean the ferrule protector?

Hubby ……..” No I mean my end bit has worn through and you can see my middle bit showing that scrapes on the floor.”

Son……. ” Dad shall we start again?” :confused:

Needless to say I was rolling up with laughter. :D:D:D:D

That is so funny.Thankyou for the laugh.xxx

Maywalk

Apr 16, 2014
Its not meant to offend but as I said it was SO comical as hubby was saying it plus the look of mixed surprise and bewilderment on my sons face.

I KNEW what hubby was talking about but I didn't get chance to explain I was TOO busy stifling my giggles.

Maywalk

Apr 16, 2014
Many thanks Lilac Blossom and Scarlett for getting back to me.

I take my hat off to all the carers who are nursing a loved one because its a heartwrenching job to see the person they love gradually slip away from them into a little world of their own. I have seen big changes in my hubby over the past couple of months and its a case of trying to keep my sense of humour because it helps me get through each day.
God Bless All.

Maywalk

Apr 16, 2014
Thanks nannylondon and NanLorac.
It does us all good to have a good laugh because it helps relieve the frustrations that come with the job of being a carer.
I have felt pretty low myself today but its done me good to know that this posting has brought a smile to others. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbertm