RNCC paid from date of assessment or date of request?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Yes, this particular camel's back is well and truly broken. I still have to cook dinner, and anyone giving me any lip about it will be wearing it, that's all I can say!

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Well I couldn't talk to Margaret as she is off today, but I did speak to her assistant, who also knows Mummy well and she also said that she has gone downhill - to the point that she didn't recognise this girl. I've asked them to check for a UTI. I did ask her straight out: I was planning on coming in September, should I come before? And she said, yes, to be honest, I think I would. So there you have it. It may be a false alarm, but I'm going now to look for flights.

Jennifer

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Jennifer, I'm so sorry. That does sound as if your mum is going downhill quickly.

At least if you come over you'll be able to see for yourself -- always better than worrying from a distance. Hopefully things won't be as bad as you fear.

Hope the camel's back is strong enough to take it!

Love,

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Purchased my ticket - coming over on August 1. Booked a rental car, now I have to book travel insurance (mutter, mutter - I know a lot of financial institutions in the UK offer travel insurance, but in the US I have not found a reasonably priced "yearly" travel policy) However, having broken my wrist once when I was back, I'm not prepared to take a chance.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Well, I'm booked to come back on the 15th but who knows? If I have to extend it I have to extend it. On the good news front, I managed to find a medical/baggage policy for $15, which is considerably better than the $59 I was looking at first. True. it doesn't cover me for flight cancellation, but since all those policies only seem to cover you for things that aren't pre-existing conditions, that's no great loss. One way oir the other, I have enough pre-existing conditions to go around.

Jennifer

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Yes, I keep looking at and thinking: that's too good to be true. However, I've read the small (very small) print and it seems to be what I'm looking for: coverage in case I break something, repatriation in case it's something serious, and payment in case they lose my baggage (again). If the flights delayed, I'm covered by the airline, and if I change the flight, well I have to pay $200 to make a change. However, as I said before, if I have to make a change it's almost certainly going to be because of someones pre-existing condition and none of the other policies I found covered me for that anyway.

Jennifer

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Am sorry to read that your mother going downhill xx

If I have to extend it I have to extend it.

That always use to happen to me , One airline would not let me extend it , so had to book a one way back , but in those circumstances you just do it .

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Jennifer,
So sorry to read everything you've been going through. It is hard enough doing the caring thing "on the spot" - must be ever so much harder from a distance. Please, please don't feel guilty (easier said than done!) - you are a wonderful daughter and have everything to be proud of in the way you care for your Mum. Here's hoping your visit is pleasant and uneventful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75