rivastigmine patches

gazgod32

May 12, 2015
my Father has had Exelon patches for the last 4 years or so - they are excellent for his condition but they keep detaching . They are 24 hour ones but only stay stuck on for 4 to 6 hours . My Father has dry skin but i have started using moisturising washing liquid, (Sanex ) , but they still fail to stick on for the full 24 hours . Has anyone else had this problem ? can anyone offer advice on how to keep them stuck on . thank you .

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
my Father has had Exelon patches for the last 4 years or so - they are excellent for his condition but they keep detaching . They are 24 hour ones but only stay stuck on for 4 to 6 hours . My Father has dry skin but i have started using moisturising washing liquid, (Sanex ) , but they still fail to stick on for the full 24 hours . Has anyone else had this problem ? can anyone offer advice on how to keep them stuck on . thank you .

My husband wouldn't tolerate the patches and they gave him capsules. Would these be of any use to your father?

gazgod

Oct 8, 2013
My husband wouldn't tolerate the patches and they gave him capsules. Would these be of any use to your father?

Hi Izzy , we tried capsules but they got spat out , he would not take them . we tried liquid too , that just got dribbled out and i never knew if he had the full dose or not . the patches are the answer but getting them to stick on properly is a challenge !! thanks for replying , all the best to you both .

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi Izzy , we tried capsules but they got spat out , he would not take them . we tried liquid too , that just got dribbled out and i never knew if he had the full dose or not . the patches are the answer but getting them to stick on properly is a challenge !! thanks for replying , all the best to you both .

Ah, what a pity. Nothing's ever easy, is it!?:rolleyes: