Risperdal

Paul_K

Jun 30, 2004
Slough
Hi

Just lost an entire lump of text because the board said I wasn't logged in. I was!

Anyway Ill be briefer this time.

The doc has given me Risperdal to help my mum sleep at night (she tends to get out of bed a LOT every night - every 3-5 mins for blocks of 1hr to 3 or 4hrs!).

Initially it didn't seem to be doing much at night, rather it seems to knock her out more during the daylight hrs. This is with one 0.5mg tablet.

Tried two tablets last night and seemed to work better, although she still got up a couple of times.

What I want to ask is: is this really the right sort of drug for this use? Seems not from what I've read on the web. Is there anything better I can ask the doc for?

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Sorry Paul, don't know of this drug. I feel sure someone out there will have some suggestions for you. Take care of yourself, Connie

Paul_K

Jun 30, 2004
Slough
Thanks for the info. Mum's off the Risperidone now, as it was having similar effects to those listed (stooping, dribbling etc.). Her day centre phoned the doc and he contacted me. He's given her Temazepam now, which is working much more effectively to keep her in bed at night.

She still has the above effects during the day though, so I'm wondering if the Risperidone is still in her system. How long does it take to wear off?

Either that or the Temazepam is causing similar symptoms.