RIP Omar Sharif

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
How very sad.

Ah yes, those eyes.... you drowned in them, in a nice way....

Aw!!! Doctor Zhivago - sigh. Sherif Ali in Lawrence of Arabia - double sigh!
Wonderful films, Doctor Zhivago unforgettable. A must see classic. I still watch it whenever it is on TV, also my daughter.

Haunting music, and Lara's Theme.... sigh.

Loo

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
The Tamarind Seed is not nearly so well known as some of his others, but to me it was brilliant - a really gripping Cold War thriller. It was also (in)famous at the time for starring Julie Andrews in a non-squeaky-perfect clean role - shock horror - in bed with Omar Sharif! But all so tame by today's standards. He plays a Russian who is suspected of trying to recruit her (working for the Home Office) as a spy. Well worth a little shell-out on Amazon if you've never seen it.

Last edited:

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
I always thought she sang Mister Arnstein, here I am. One of the films I actually saw!
Sorry, bring stupid. Of course you would sing Nicky .!

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I always thought she sang Mister Arnstein, here I am. One of the films I actually saw!
Sorry, bring stupid. Of course you would sing Nicky .!

No not stupid:D:D:D:D:D
I had to resort to Google when you said that, 'cos thenI knew I was singing it wrong. I'm noted for singing the wrong words, but according to various articles we are both brilliant....some say potato and some say potahto...and both versions of Arnstein are correct or incorrect. Never mind it's still a damn fine movie.:D:D:D:D