1. Loopiloo

Loopiloo Registered User

May 10, 2010
    Female
    Scotland
    How very sad.

Ah yes, those eyes.... you drowned in them, in a nice way....

Wonderful films, Doctor Zhivago unforgettable. A must see classic. I still watch it whenever it is on TV, also my daughter.

Haunting music, and Lara's Theme.... sigh.

Loo

2. Witzend

Witzend Registered User

Aug 29, 2007
    SW London
    #22 Witzend, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
    The Tamarind Seed is not nearly so well known as some of his others, but to me it was brilliant - a really gripping Cold War thriller. It was also (in)famous at the time for starring Julie Andrews in a non-squeaky-perfect clean role - shock horror - in bed with Omar Sharif! But all so tame by today's standards. He plays a Russian who is suspected of trying to recruit her (working for the Home Office) as a spy. Well worth a little shell-out on Amazon if you've never seen it.

3. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    "Nicky Arnstein...here I am"........no really here. Me.I am..
    Nicky Arnstein= O S in Funny Girl with Barbra Streisand.

4. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    I always thought she sang Mister Arnstein, here I am. One of the films I actually saw!
    Sorry, bring stupid. Of course you would sing Nicky .!

5. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    No not stupid:D:D:D:D:D
    I had to resort to Google when you said that, 'cos thenI knew I was singing it wrong. I'm noted for singing the wrong words, but according to various articles we are both brilliant....some say potato and some say potahto...and both versions of Arnstein are correct or incorrect. Never mind it's still a damn fine movie.:D:D:D:D

6. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    You sing what you like! As you say, it's still a damn fine movie!