Ribena - a new cure?

frederickgt

Jun 4, 2005
Hornchurch,Essex
I read somewhere that the blackberries and blackcurrents used in the production of Ribena,were extremely beneficia
for Alzheimers sufferes!
said to be the British variety of backcurrents and and blackberries has a good effect on the brain.
Ribena at £1.99 a bottle..pleae dont anyone tell NICE!

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hiya, thanks Frederick, I also read in a tabloid today, that eating apples can help protect our brains. Can't help thinking that to try and do our best to live healthily within the boundaries of our present knowledge at any given time is really all any of us can do don't ya think?. It would be grand to find a definate cure or preventative measure, but till its proven fact, we could all spend a fortune on the things you can buy these days. Mind you, fruit and veg is sure to be a winner general health wise, regardless. I certainly will drink more! (Does it count with a bit of rum??!! ;) )Lotsaluv, She. XX

barraf

Mar 27, 2004
Huddersfield
Ribena-a new cure?

Margaret has an apple and toast with blackcurrant jam every morning for breakfast and has had for more years than I remember.
It didn't do her much good I'm afraid.

I have also given her Ginko Biloba every day since she was diagnosed with AD, that hasn't done much good either.

That will not stop me trying anything else that may be touted as a possible cure.

Hope springs eternal.

Cheers Barraf