Review of mental health act

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Am I the only one who read this with a sense of unease that it will become even harder to get care for our PWD if they refuse it?

Baker17

Mar 9, 2016
Am I the only one who read this with a sense of unease that it will become even harder to get care for our PWD if they refuse it?
Yes I thought that as well. I’ve have had a problem with things as they are at the moment because PWD said they wanted to move to an advocate, so because it is their human right, to quote, they have been moved to a less satisfactory home where they have declined, but it seems that’s ok even though they have no capacity and all the medical people said it was not in their best interests to move them they were ignored, and at one meeting it was stated to quote again, they are not an expert! The people who made the decision say this is because I am anxious and it rubs off on the PWD and accused me of emotional abuse. So I think things will get worse not better

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire

Me too. It terrifies me that the needs of the family and wider community will be ignored by the authorities. My friend lost her mum to dementia in a violent incident and it was not her that had the disease