Restrictions lifted too soon.

JC51

Jan 5, 2021
After caring for my wife for the last three and a half years covid free, all our jabs done and sticking to all rules, she went into a care home two weeks ago, as I could no longer cope.
Tuesday they rang me to say covid had got into the home and my wife had tested positive. Some of the staff are also off.
There are people in this country who need a wake up call, the virus is still here and rampant, for goodness sake think of other people.
I will continue to take all precautions and wear a mask for the foreseeable future.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Sorry your wife has had to go into care and now has Covid, @JC51. My partner has had Covid in her nursing home, as have several others, but she is now clear apart from a lingering cough. Worrying times for you, and I really hope your wife gets better soon.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I would be very upset too after all the very good care you have provided. It makes me think of dad when he was in hospital. Three weeks, three wards and three falls. I lived with him for a year when he came home and he never fell once. He came home in a worse state than when he went in. This was before covid but I always think of dad and how I would have been so very careful if covid had been about then. It's not for me, it's for others.

JC51

Jan 5, 2021
Thank you for your replies, I’m now waiting for her to have two consecutive negative results, and check with the home to see when I can visit again.

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
Mum has had positive covid tests twice, once with symptoms and once without. I do think some restrictions have been lifted to early, although Mum's nursing home up till last week was keeping restrictions in place - masks, aprons, gloves and a negative test for visitors. We then got a phone call last week to say that Mum's floor was closed as they had covid.

Hubby has now caught covid (not dementia) and is in bed and I think it is only a matter of time before I get it although I am trying to take all precautions.

Will keep fingers crossed for the 2 negative results. Take care x

JC51

Jan 5, 2021
My wife had her two negative test results and no symptoms. The home gave me the all clear for visits, with the usual negative result , and mask to be worn etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suehart