Respite

its shining

Oct 9, 2013
Lancashire
Hello all,I am new to the forum my partners mum has alzheimers and we have both been caring for her for the last 4 and a half years, she moved in with us 18 months ago as she could no longer cope on her own, she has been in respite a few times but she has become very immobile and came out of respite with pressure sores on her heals and it has taking us 10 weeks to get her back to the health she went in with, we live in Lancashire and was wondering if anyone could recommend and good care home for respite as we are at a loss and to worried that if we put her in again she will come out in bad health, sorry for the long explanation. Hoping for any good recommendations. Thank you. x

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello Its shining
Welcome to TP

I am sorry to hear about your Partners Mum, especially that she came out of Respite care with bedsores, this is dreadful as with proper care, they can in the main be prevented. I hope you have complained officially about this, Informed SS )social services) too

We cant name care homes ect on the site but people can PM you (private message) so keep an eye on the top blue line, where it says my contacts and inbox