respite

taylorcat

Jun 18, 2006
W.Scotland
Mum went into respite today so for the first time in around 4 weeks my Dad will be getting a night's sleep. He was telling me she was getting him up around twice a night, the truth was it was 6-7 times a night. She was trying to sleep during the day, closing her eyes every 5 minutes and when he woke her up it ended in a fight with Mum saying she wasn't sleeping at all and she wanted "out of here" because she couldn't do what she wanted, i.e. sleep all day. The place looks very nice, rather like a hotel. At least it's not a hospital environment. Not too sure how long she'll be in. Just thought I would say.

Thanks for listening.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Taylorcat,
Pleased respite working out. I am sure that it will do your dad good to have a rest.
Love Helen

Grandaughter 1

Jan 17, 2006
Hampshire
We'd love to put Grandad in respite to give Nan a break as we're in a similar situation in that Grandad is up and down all night meaning Nan is exhausted and kept awake!

I'm glad Respite is working out in your case.:)

taylorcat

Jun 18, 2006
W.Scotland
Granddaughter, The place where my Mum is has told my Dad to stay away for a day or so, although he can visit anytime of the day or night. He can phone anytime and when he phoned this morning they said she slept all night, which has been unheard of for the past few weeks. Haven't a clue why this would be.

Why don't you have a word with your social worker about respite.