1. Reds

Reds Registered User

Sep 5, 2011
    Hertfordshire
    Hi,

Do care homes offer one night stays for respite?

Reds

2. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
  3. Pierwalker

Pierwalker Registered User

Apr 1, 2017
    In our area it is usually a minimum of one week but much depends on whether they have a vacant room. They may argue they need such time to get to know the person. One of our homes has a room set aside so its worth asking.

4. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    hi @Reds
    from what's been written on the forums, it sounds unlikely you'd be able to arrange this

maybe consider actually taking a week's respite so you get the day you want and the chance of time to rest up on the other days too

or contact local care companies to ask about overnight/24 hour care ... though I suspect that would be tricky too

5. Abbey82

Abbey82 Registered User

Jun 12, 2018
    Hi there, I use a care home that will do anything from day care, one day overnight respite through to full time residential. I actually found two homes that would do that, although finding homes that would even take my Dad (he's 60) was hard enough.