respite..yippee !

hazelflower

Aug 22, 2007
carmarthen
i thought for once i would not moan and put a positive posting on, we have just come back from a lovely weekend away seeing my family..MIL went into a very nice respite home for the weekend and we literally forgot! about her for three days..it was bliss and has put our lives back in to perspective..we feel human again and can look to the future, we are allowed six weeks a year which seems like heaven, so are busy planning some getaways...i dont feel guilty as she was well looked after and had much more attention than we can give her...and they were not cross or short with her as i am sometimes..so i am happy that she will have benefitted from the expereince, although she had a few moans about the other residents and "poor silly things" and not being able to have her usual walks..on the whole it was a positive exerience for all of us and i would stongly recomend taking any opportunity you may get for repsite care..and take it without guilt...i now feel that i can carry on instead of wanting to give up..we do have a future after all. Also i cannot praise the staff enough..they have unending patience and compassion in bucket loads and can "give" so much more than i can
and i have today enrolled in a painting for pleasure course..to compensate for not being able to do my art degree as planned, and i begin my training to become a reflexolgist on the 15th....i am now hopeful that i will be able to balance things and continue to care for MIL, i hope this will give you hope those that are just hanging on! love to you all hazel x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done, lovely news, long may it continue. Good luck with the course, perhaps you could be the first `virtual` reflexologist.

Love xx

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
:) :) :)
Well done Hazel, on all counts!!
So glad the respite was a success all round.
Enjoy your painting and the reflexology - sounds like you will be busier than ever, but hopefully with things you enjoy. As you say, they will provide balance to your caring role.

Thinking of you.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Isn't it good to see a little light at the end of the tunnel. I do hope that you find the time and the energy to be 'yourself' for a few hours each week. xxx TinaT:)

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hi hazel,
So pleased that everything went so well for all concerned. Good Luck, with all your future plans. Love your positive attitude. Regards Taffy.

hazelflower

Aug 22, 2007
carmarthen
respte yippee

thank you all for your comments...it is nice to feel positive for a change and i hope that i can help others to feel the same within their caring role...i know it may not last but i feel great at moment..and the sun is shining !!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbH