Respite until Bed bound ?

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
Pondering options on future care.

I feel I could cope emotionally with end of life care at home with support from agencies if Dad gets to the stage of being bed ridden.
I am pondering options for the foreseable future while Dad is still semi mobile and at risk of falling. Is/Has anyone covered this vulnerable patch with longish respite and then had their PWD back home?
Any input most welcome.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Don't put him in respite, put him there as a permanent resident then when you feel the time is right give the home notice you'll be taking him home. It's usually 28 days giving you time to get things ready at home.
K

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
Thanks - that is indeed an option that I hadn' t thought of. That is why it is so useful to be able to discuss things on here. I really appreciate it. The home I am using for respite charges 2 weeks of administration fee up front and none refundable for residential care. If someone is removed from their home to return home or go to an alternative residential home they charge a further 4 weeks from date of departure so another factor in the equation.