respite tomorrow

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Well, mum going to respite tomorrow, mum go to daycentre on Wednesday tomorrow, I thought I would tell them tomorrow when they pick her up and she can say hello to them, as she like to tell them herself that she going in to care home for 3 weeks.

Social worker email me with address of care home and time that they are picking mum by taxi, also says that she told daycentre and care agency. I stupidly tell mum that daycentre worker are not coming around tomorrow morning, now she gone all paranoid on me, saying why is she going to care home, so I told her its because of the move, I told her this all this morning me understanding that of course she forgotten.

oh no somewhere in her mind, I told her that I have book ticket to go to Gibraltar (as if) we are now having some wired conversation, that is really going no where, because when I say to her do you understand she says she cannot hear me, and she talking to me but really she is talking to herself trying to work it all out, looking at me as I just agree, hopefully to the right thing. But I try to listen, understand its not her fault, nor mine.

I am trying to keep very grounded into my hear and now. roll on tomorrow and 3 weeks rest for me, well if you can call it a rest moving home, but am not moving till the 22 January so shall hopefully get some me time, but that dame feeling of sadness does pop back in when my mum go quite then pop up again and it all beginnings again the questioning and it feel so hard not to say to mum why are you in so much denial, can you understand its you that's got it all wrong, but I don't as I respect her lack of insight, lucky I can let it all out to you all

Last edited:

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Margarita
Hope it all goes well for you tomorrow

Try to get some me time before the move......its a stressful time moving home.....good luck with that too.
Love Wendy xx

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Margarita

Try not to worry about mum too much, she will be fine, and well looked after.

You truly deserve to have some time to yourself, and you will be the stronger for it.

It's a hard job moving house, but at least it will be physical work, giving your mind a rest from the worry about mum.......... and hopefully life will be easier for you once you have settled in your new home.

Best wishes for tomorrow, and the move on the 22nd.

Love
Cate

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Thanks Mel your think I would be use to all this confusion before after respite with mum, that it has put me of getting respite sooner in the past , and I know how good I feel afterward, but that just me glad I have you all , I’m not complaining am looking forward to it and SW organised it all so soon as I ask her on Monday that I was amazed , it’s a care home in surrey I done a search on it on http://www.csci.org.uk/ which was a peace of mind , as the care home only has 15 people so sound really good .

PS thanks cate xx Just seen your post when I posted this

PPS Lol
but at least it will be physical work, giving your mind a rest from the worry about mum

really good point there thanks

Last edited:

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Maggie
We know you're not complaining girl!!
You worry about respite because you care about your mum:)
Love Wendy xx

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hi margarita

enjoy your respite you deserve it, and i really hope the move goes well for you looks like you'll be getting a new home for your birthday:D

keep in touch let us know how it all goes
take care x

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
Hi Margarita,

Just wanted to wish you "Good Luck" for the big move! Hope you enjoy Weetabix????:D You`ll need all the strength you can muster,;) LOL!

Enjoy the respite, you deserve it, & it will soon pass with all the work that`s in store for you. Try not to worry, your mum will probably enjoy different company, and we all deserve a break sometimes.

Thinking of you,
Jan.:)

Jann

May 24, 2006
tingewick, bucks.
Try not to feel sad, Margarita. Deep down inside, your Mum knows you care for her so much.

Make the most of your respite - even if albeit with the physical side of moving - but it should be exciting for you and you'll be rested and refreshed, ready to look after Mum as well as you do. All my best with move, Jan xx

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
All went ok; as I arrived home, I had the most strangest feeling, that I could not put my finger on , it was like I was all alone children grown up and I can do want I want , I have that emotional feeling every time mum go in to respite, like when I was in Gibraltar looking after mum and teenagers where in England different this time because I have my teenagers to go home to , by hay I am going to make the most of it , and what mischief can I get up to in 3 weeks , ok shall tell you am going to go to interview for big brother lol, they may not choice me , but it’s a experience I want to experience , you only live ones , and you never know you may all see me on the next big brother . now what thd change of that with so many people going . Watch this space, its on the 11th, mum would have to go in to respite for 3 mouths lol . I am only going because I know I am not going to get in .

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
you never fail to make me smile BIG BROTHER :D
i do hope you get in i'd love to see you in it. and you deserve the break and you'd have my vote!!!
you go girl xxx ;)

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Maggie......that'd be fantastic if you got in.......sure you'd get lots of votes from your TP pals:)

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Margarita said:
I am only going because I know I am not going to get in .

NO! That is NOT the attitude!!!! :) Go, girl.... get into all the mischief you can while you can ...... have the phone lines opened yet? :) (isn't that what they do? Do I need to start dialling now????)

Love, Karen, x

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Margarita.....so pleased for you. It is so, so good that you live within a borough that has made provision for those "with a problem".....SORRY< BUT I STRUGGLE WITH THIS......IT IS NOT AN "ELDERLY & INFIRM" problem, but just a problem

I hope all goes well with you for "respite".....So, so many areas just DO NOT OFFER THIS ACCOMODIATION TO PEOPLE WHO REALLY NEED THIS.

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
Margarita,

You do make me smile!!!:D :D :D :D

You might have a huge shock............chosen for BIG BROTHER!!!!!! :eek:

You stand as much chance as anyone else!!

Wow!........what a great platform for promoting awareness for A.D. etc,etc. :)

The very best of luck for tomorrow? (11th?)

Jan. X

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Maggie

Way to go girl.............. fantastic............... would love to see you on Big Bro.............you enjoy these few weeks to the full..............keep us posted on what you have been getting up to.

Love
Cate xx

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Way to go girl..............knock-em dead Maggie............think how proud your family would be!
Don't go there thinking you won't make it maggie............go in there and tell them your gonna make big brother famous cos your a star!:)

Best of luck!
Love Alex x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh Margarita, Enjoy your respite, build back your strength and free and easy feeling , good luck for the move and best of all hope you are chosen by Big Brother. They will have found a GEM. You can count on my vote.
You have 3 weeks. Make the most of them. your mother will be fine and will be back in your new home before you know it. Love Sylvia x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Could you imagine if I got in all I will be talking about is this problem, educating people like Connie says...
IT IS NOT AN "ELDERLY & INFIRM"
problem, but just a problem. I tell them all about TP,

Yes, I should count myself luck that in my area they are so on the ball live within a borough that has made provision, only realizing that since I joined TP

Karen No you don’t ring them anymore at big brother , just text them and they tell you the date time they are in your area to do the interviews in London they doing them at 1 western gateway Royal Victoria Dock London E16 , we are leavening early around 6am . not to far away from me , just click lol 11 Feb is a Sunday mum will be home, that ok am thinking , as my daughter are always in Saturday night so they can keep an eye on her

I stayed at a friends last night stayed all the night , as usually he brings me home for around 1pm when I can find someone to sit with mum his very understanding and knows I don’t want live together under one roof relationship , it was wired not worrying about getting home early, I know I maybe should not be saying about that part of my life’s and it was my choice and still is to care for my mother at home , but I did not realizes back then how much of my life I was giving up ,as time went on I did feel resentment, but time dose give you time to sort thinks out emotional in your mind and I found what I was looking for a balance that I am enjoying , mind you it does get unbalance sometime lol and lock up for a while in Big brother sounds good to me , lets see what happens yes your have to all vote to keep me in ( if I get in ) Thanks for your support , that I may get in :)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Margarita

Hope you're enjoying your respite. Don't feel guilty, you deserve a break, you couldn't cope with a house move and care for your mum at the same time. And she'll be well looked after.

Good for you too for applying for Big Brother, hope you get in. That would be an experience!

Margarita said:
I stayed at a friends last night stayed all the night , as usually he brings me home for around 1pm when I can find someone to sit with mum his very understanding and knows I don’t want live together under one roof relationship , it was wired not worrying about getting home early, I know I maybe should not be saying about that part of my life’s and it was my choice and still is to care for my mother at home , but I did not realizes back then how much of my life I was giving up ,as time went on I did feel resentment, but time dose give you time to sort thinks out emotional in your mind and I found what I was looking for a balance that I am enjoying , mind you it does get unbalance sometime

And good for you for having a good friend who understands your commitment to your mum. Why shouldn't you have a relationship? Just don't rule out taking things further in the future. Your daughter will eventually leave home, and your mum may have to go into care. You have to think about your own future. You're such a caring person, but don't be too unselfish!

Love,