1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. barraf

barraf Registered User

Mar 27, 2004
    Huddersfield
    Hello
    Has anyone recently experienced problems with the Vomiting and Diarrhoea bug hitting their care home.

Margaret has now had three proposed visits to the home she goes to for respitc care cancelled because of the outbreak of the above bug.

I realize that no one is to blame and it would be criminal to admit people while the bug is active, but it is very disappointing when it happens.

I shall not lose the respite care of course it is only postponed, the main problem, apart from disappointment is the need to re-instate all the day care and mursing support which has been cancelled.

I was just wondering if it is a local problem or more widespread.

Cheers Barraf

2. Natashalou

Natashalou Registered User

Mar 22, 2007
    london
    Certainly here in London and my mums home has it gone round them twice!

3. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Dear Barraf, how disappointing for you and Margaret.

They had the bug at Lionel's care home, and everything stopped for 10 days. Since then, all clear.

Fingers crossed for you and respite soon.

4. Mameeskye

Mameeskye Registered User

Aug 9, 2007
    NZ
    Mum's home only received the all clear last weekend. Prior to that I hadn't been able to visit for 10 days. Luckily as she is so frail she stayed in bed throughout and missed it all.

Hope that it clears soon and you get your respite.

Mameeskye