1. Q&A: Looking after yourself as a carer - Friday 25 January, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of that person will often come before your own, and this can mean that you don't always look after yourself.

However, it's important for both you and the person you care for. But how do you do that properly?

Our next expert Q&A will be on looking after yourself as a carer. It will be hosted by Angelo from our Knowledge Services team, who focuses on wellbeing. He'll be answering your questions on Friday 25 January between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Respite care for mum

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by asdunn63, Jan 12, 2019 at 7:33 PM.

1. asdunn63

asdunn63 New member

Saturday
    hi my mum has dementia I have carers going in 4 times of day I work full time and want to go on holiday in summer but how do I get rest bite care for my mum

2. karaokePete

karaokePete Volunteer Host

Jul 23, 2017
    Male
    Hello and welcome.

Tapping the 2nd line of the following link will take you to a Society Factsheet about this
    Replacement care (respite care) in England (462)
    PDF printable version

3. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    Hi @asdunn63
    welcome to TP
    I hope you will enjoy your holiday
    if your mum is self-funding, you can contact local care homes and make arrangements yourself, though it may be tricky so far ahead of time
    or contact your mum's Local Authority Adult Services to hopefully have respite added to your mum's care package