Respect

Leslie

Feb 27, 2007
Bedfordshire
Hi there, I am new to TP but have read your stories for a long time. I currently work with a support group for younger people with dementia and would like some help with a project we are about to start. We often talk about the horror stories that we encounter from professional bodies who have no idea on how to treat people with dementia with respect & dignity. We are hoping to make a DVD on true life experiences and so it would help us if you could relate some of your own experiences. I recently read the story of the CPN who couldn't understand that the person was unable to answer directly but that didn't mean that they were stupid and they commentated on the dog who had a wind problem!
Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tash

Jan 8, 2007
London, UK
Edited your message

Dear Leslie,

I have edited your message because our policy is to direct all enquiries for experiences to be used in documentaries, DVDs, news articles etc. to our press office.

If you contact them, they will have a list of media volunteers, who may be able to help you.

Please can any Talking Point member who is willing to share their experience, please contact the Society's press office directly, rather than replying to this thread or sending a PM.

Contact details for the press office:
Alzheimer's Society
Gordon House
10 Greencoat Place
London
SW1P 1PH

Email: press@alzheimers.org.uk.

Best wishes,
Tash

New Media Support Officer
Alzheimer's Society.

Staff online