Resource for Scottish members.

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Hiya Momo,

But ye didnae tell us whit fur messages you were getting. I've just put on 2 lbs dreaming of rowies and Forfar Bridies and its alllllllllllllllll your fault! LOLOL

That's before I even start about thon muckle bacon bap on there!

Fiona
x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Momo!:)

I think it's going to be great too. It's good to have experienced forum users onboard, I'm sure we can make it grow.

Let's not have a TP clique though, it would put newbies off.

Beaides, I hate cliques!:eek:

xxxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
No cliques but it somehow needs to get existing members posting. I had a look at the list of members and it's quite long. They don't seem to be visiting the site much though.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
You're right, Izzy.

But a lot of the first people to register were professionals who were just offering support.. Hopefully they'll keep an eye on things, and come in where needed.

I think the carers who registered and disappeared were disappointed that they were not getting replies, inevitably in the first weeks. Hopefully they'll come back and have another look, so we can make them feel more welcome.

Momo, your posts arer brilliant, because they're showing what support is available. Keep it up!:)

xxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Well I've been on again today. I think I'll get some cards for local Alzheimer Scot centre - although they may already be there b

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Izzy/Skye,

I do know on those BB type boards that either the owner or the moderator can email all the members noting that they haven't been around and telling them that the board is now taking off. Another forum that I am on does that regularly and some folks like that because they feel their absence has been noticed.

Do you think it would be worth suggesting that? Don't want to go wading in with my own size 10s the day after I join and hack everyone off! LOLOL

Fiona

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I think you should go for that as well. People who joined in the early days may have looked back and not seen much going on. Perhaps the more recent posts would encourage them to join in.

Wade away! :D

Uratopper

Sep 17, 2012
Fife, Scotland
Hi all

Gosh, Skye, thanks :eek:. Just recounting Dad's ups and downs, really.

Fiona, I agree with Skye and Izzy on your idea on emails from moderators. Crack on!

Off to get Dad fed then hopefully i can get to BB later.

Cheerybye

NanLorac

May 14, 2012
Scotland
Heavens Izzy, you've been busy on Blether Box. I am glad to see more people joining. Its not like us Scots to hold back. I didn't get much reaction when I posted on the Carers bit, I thought it might get people opening up but it didn't.:(
Carol

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Carol - I'm just trying to raise the profile so that if people have a look they might be tempted to post themselves. I'm going to keep blethering (well that's what it's all about!) on and see if I can get others to respond. How about doing the same and we'll see what happens!?:)