Resource for Scottish members.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
There's not Loo. I don't think there are many members at present and they're trying to build this up - which I think will take quite a while. i've just been on and I've put up a few posts. I've seen a couple of interesting information clips on it though - one which has encouraged me to get the wii fit out and get Bill going with the 10 pin bowling game!!:eek::D

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sorry Fiona I didn't notice your post! Yes I do think they need a bit of a hand to get things going.

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
-------- one which has encouraged me to get the wii fit out and get Bill going with the 10 pin bowling game!!:eek::D
------
Izzy
your reference to a wii ( and you being a proud Scot ) reminds me of an amusing
incident
At the club I go to a large black box suddenly appeared under the huge tv hanging on the wall , as we sat drinking tea I asked the rather 'dour' Scotsman who ran the youth club what it was
He said ' it's a wee '
Knowing how proud I am of my understandingof the Scots language
I said ' yea a wee what ?????
His reply rather angrily before he stormed off ' A wee man- A wee- Are you stupid
I was rather mystified at his reaction to what I thought was a sensible question
Grinning all over his face a younger member explained that it was a 'wii'
Until then I'd never heard or seen a wii
Now I am a bit wiser , but the dour Scotsman still thinks I was taking the 'mickey '

jimbo111

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Loo & Fiona

Please do join in.:)

You're right Loo, there's not much happening yet, but there won't be unless people make it happen. I've been fighting for a Scottish forum for at least five years, I'm so glad someone has taken the plunge (Not Alzheimer Scotland, though they're backing it.)

Lots of professionals have joined, so that's a great advantage, but it needs carers to get the chat going.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Well done, Izzy!

It's getting a bit more lively now. Any more takers?:D

Jimbo, you can be an honorary Scotsman!:D

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
You're doing well, Izzy!

Hazel, I've had a browse and will return! Good on you trying for so long to get a Scottish Forum going. I remember beng surprised Alzheimer's Scotland did not have one.

Yes, an advantage to have professionals on board, but as you say, it needs carers to contribute. Reticent Scots?

Early days though.

Loo xx

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
I'm on there now Hazel before you name and shame me! hahahahaha

Have made a few posts too! Twas great to hear familiar lingo like going for the messages! LOL

Fiona
x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I know Fiona. Wonder if they bought a half loaf? Or two bridies - a plehn ane n' an igngin' ane an a!!! Pure dead Dundee by the way!!

FifiMo

Feb 10, 2010
Wiltshire
Or maybe some Rowies ! Forfar bridies are great - no wonder we all have heart disease - they were like dinner plates! hahaha

Fiona

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh now, rowies!!!! When I was a headteacher in Aberdeen we always had rowies at HT meetings etc. We also had 'fine piece' day on a Friday at school. When it was my turn for the fine piece I avoided the sweet stuff and brought rowies. Needless to say I had one eaten from the bag in my car before I got anywhere near the school. The cook used to heat them and bring them to the staffroom warm at break time!!!

OMG! No wonder I need to be in the TP slimming club.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Well done Fiona, great that you've joined, you talk so much sense.

Wonder if I can get hold of samIam?

Uratopper

Sep 17, 2012
Fife, Scotland
Have made a few posts too! Twas great to hear familiar lingo like going for the messages! LOL

Fiona
x

Aye, that would be me "going for the messages" in my alter ego as Momo :p

But, seriously, I think BB could be great and between you, me and the other thousands on here while I've found TP a great help, sometimes, when I'm not in a good place I find it almost too big and overwhelming :eek: But you're all wonderful!

Jimbo, thank you, that's the first time I've laughed out loud in weeks :D