Researching App for People with Dementia and Their Carers...

MichelleA

Feb 15, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm Michelle and am working on a project for my second year in Digital Media at UWE in Bristol. We have been tasked with designing a website and mobile app for the Information Prescription on behalf of the Dementia Health Integration Team in Bristol and South Gloucestershire. Even though, the current project is location specific, the information which is designed to help people with dementia and their carers is not.

I am doing some initial research for the time being and just wondered if anyone could give me some ideas on what would be useful in a website and app for mobile or tablet? If you could design your perfect app for finding help and support what would you have on it? Any idea with regards to content, layout, colours, design or anything else would be gratefully received!

Thanks in advance,

Michelle

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Hi Michelle

The link that Nitram has posted re. dementia prescription looks very good for carers having all the links in one place.

I think for someone experiencing dementia symptoms such a 'prescription', whilst valuable for carers would not want to be viewed by someone beginning with cognitive and memory difficulties, because it would look too daunting, frightening and confusing.

Something simple, that identifies areas of difficulty e.g. symptoms - go to GP, money concerns- CAB, support with practical issues - ???? etc.

Not sure I have got the hang of what you mean but all the best with it.
Sue

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan