Research study for informal carers

BU_research

Aug 5, 2022
Hello!

My name is Greg Flynn and I am working on a research study at Bangor University called 'iSupport for dementia carers'. Our research study would like to interview adults living in England, Wales, or Scotland who help look after someone living with dementia.

You would be asked some questions over the phone or Zoom up to 3 times over a 6-month period. Each interview would take approximately one hour, at a time convenient to you.

You would be asked to either use an education and self-care website called ‘iSupport’, or read an information booklet about caring for someone living with dementia. This would be chosen at random so that we can compare how people feel after using either of these products, and whether there are any benefits.

Taking part is completely voluntary, and eligible participants who take part would receive a £20 shopping voucher at the end of the six-month period.

If you would like more information, or if you might like to take part, please contact one of the email addresses from the advert below, or visit our website for phone numbers and more detailed information: http://dsdc.bangor.ac.uk/isupport-for-dementia-carers.php.en

We also have a 2-minute video that sums up the study: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvFz3muoWzs

Our study has received ethical approval from Bangor University (AEC 2021-16915) and is registered on a study database called the ISRCTN registry (ISRCTN17420703). Carers Trust Wales, University College London, the University of Strathclyde and Alzheimer Scotland are partners in the project. The research is funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Public Health Research Programme (NIHR130914).

Attachments

• iSupport_RCT_Leaflet_v2.pdf
    209.9 KB · Views: 218

BU_research

Aug 5, 2022
If you would like more information about taking part in the iSupport for dementia carers study (details in first post), feel free to post a reply here and I will get back to you. Our study is recruiting participants until March 2023.