Research on Dementia in hospital

AlsoConfused

Sep 17, 2010
I'd have liked to participate in the survey but can't answer all the questions. Is a partial answer of any use please?

Zana

May 12, 2016
Im also not in the area in fact I dont even live in the UK but I have a MIL in a uk care home.
I also have a husband with dementia.

The first thing about imporving care is a human factor because unless staff are educated then there can be no improvement. Talking to PWD as if they are idiots isnt helpful ignoring them isnt helpful either yet these are two attitudes we have met in both the uk and here in NL.

Educating staff of the difference between types of dementia might be helpful too.

Then move on to the rest!

CJ-Research

Dec 1, 2015
Bradford, UK
I'd have liked to participate in the survey but can't answer all the questions. Is a partial answer of any use please?

Hi, partially complete answers can be a great source of information- so yes, please feel free to fill in the survey even if you aren't 100%. You always have the option of selecting I neither agree or disagree for multiple choice questions.

CJ-Research

Dec 1, 2015
Bradford, UK
Im also not in the area in fact I dont even live in the UK but I have a MIL in a uk care home.
I also have a husband with dementia.

The first thing about imporving care is a human factor because unless staff are educated then there can be no improvement. Talking to PWD as if they are idiots isnt helpful ignoring them isnt helpful either yet these are two attitudes we have met in both the uk and here in NL.

Educating staff of the difference between types of dementia might be helpful too.

Then move on to the rest!

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I think you are very right, increasing awareness and training is an important step in improving services.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
As this is research only into hospital experiences for people with dementia, I can't add anything as my husband with dementia, has not, fortunately, had occasion to go to a hospital.

There is a scheme called The Purple Angel Scheme, which I believe started in Florida and was taken up by a dementia sufferer , Norman Macnamara, and his wife. They got the scheme adopted by the hospital in Torbay. It surprises me that it isn't better known here.

Rosnpton

Mar 19, 2017
Northants
Done.used most recent visit- last Saturday,however over last up year been there about 6+times and experiences can be very different

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar