Research from Qland Brain Insitute

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
I have just been watching a news item from Queensland Brain Institute about how they are using ultrasound techniques to remove plaque from mouse brains, non invasive and has shown good results in restoring memory. They are going to trial sheep this year and of course it will be 3-5 years before they start human trials. Probably too long to help us but so good to know that ground breaking research is happening.

Buckup

Jan 1, 2016
Some links to this research.

I have just been watching a news item from Queensland Brain Institute about how they are using ultrasound techniques to remove plaque from mouse brains, non invasive and has shown good results in restoring memory. They are going to trial sheep this year and of course it will be 3-5 years before they start human trials. Probably too long to help us but so good to know that ground breaking research is happening.

I am not yet allowed to post links but there is a non-academic you tube explaining the method of this research. In the search window I typed in "ultrasound cure for Alzheimers"
Also, there is a technical article on the plos journal about this.