1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Research from Qland Brain Insitute

Discussion in 'Dementia-related news and campaigns' started by Lawson58, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Lawson58

Lawson58 Registered User

I have just been watching a news item from Queensland Brain Institute about how they are using ultrasound techniques to remove plaque from mouse brains, non invasive and has shown good results in restoring memory. They are going to trial sheep this year and of course it will be 3-5 years before they start human trials. Probably too long to help us but so good to know that ground breaking research is happening.

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Something new and giving us hope for the future.

3. Buckup

Buckup Registered User

Jan 1, 2016
    Some links to this research.

I am not yet allowed to post links but there is a non-academic you tube explaining the method of this research. In the search window I typed in "ultrasound cure for Alzheimers"
    Also, there is a technical article on the plos journal about this.