Report to Parliament on Dementia Services by the National Audit Office

NAO

Oct 4, 2006
London
Affected by dementia? Your experience is important.

The National Audit Office is investigating dementia services in England. Our study will focus on how effectively Health and Social Care Services are helping to maintain good health for older people (which includes all people aged 65 or over) with dementia. This includes looking at the services and support provided for:

 People with dementia
 Carers of people with dementia

If you have dementia or you care for a person with dementia, your experience is important to our study and we would be grateful if you would complete our survey at www.nao.org.uk/DementiaWebForum

Our report for Parliament may lead to a hearing of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) at which the Chief Executive of the NHS will be examined on the state of dementia care. What would you like the PAC members to know about dementia services in England?

If you would prefer to complete a paper version of this survey, please contact Shamail Ahmad by telephone on 020 7798 7647 or in writing at National Audit Office, 157-197 Buckingham Palace Road, Victoria, London, SW1W 9SP.

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your views.
The National Audit Office

 The National Audit Office scrutinizes public spending on behalf of Parliament.
 We are totally independent of Government.
 We aim to bring about real improvements in the delivery of public services.

For more information about the National Audit Office and the report on dementia services, please visit www.nao.org.uk/publications/workinprogress/dementia

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Thank you for posting this. I have given a "frank and free" expression of my views, and now feel a bit better.

Jennifer

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
Me too, that is I have given frank and free expression, but not feeling better as I don't know if anyone "up there" is listening, and anyway it's too late.

Lila

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I done it .

I am wondering what is Alzheimer's café?

We do not have a carer group at are local AZ group because of lack of funding.

That is all I hear lack of funding.

Think about it this generation of old people pay in to the national insurance system Tax , what are they getting out of it (sweet F A ) when They get AZ its run by a charity that are crying out for funding make me sick is all I can say

The government just want to make you feel humble oh I was a very humble person before my mother got AZ. am just so fed up of hearing lack of funnding lack of funnding

But never lack of funnding to start a point less war .

Sorry just the way I am feeling or how the goverment make me feels

Last edited:

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
I take it this is only for England as Scotland VERY BAD and i to am in the mood to do this. I didn't sleep last night although my husband did i was so worried at what the SW said. "Don't worry about when he goes into care you will get benefits" Could she run a house on the benifits?

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
But whatever services are on offer, it depends on the client being willing to accept or at least try the services.

Lila

mw52

Aug 25, 2006
Leeds
Survey

Just filled that in - but will it make any difference? Has it been publicised anywhere else - I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't seen it here on TP

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Don’t think we know anything if we never had TP .

It asks on the questionnaire about if I new what services funding was available to me. Now I never new I could ask that in the first place.

Chip I know what you mean, that is why I am job-hunting now.
Want to know what funding available for my mother while I work.
I was job hunting on the internet and applied for a job on the internet. I got a email confirming my appointment, when I got there they had no Idea that I was going to turn up as the programme they use had not sent them my information but still sent me an email confirming my appointment . They keep saying that I had not conformed, my appointment when I check I had. Technical problem was told from the people that supply the program! Chip best thing is to do for the now so you can get some sleep is don’t worry till it happen, that my motto now.
I tell you one reality is that no one really care, but us lot (((hug))))

They get a lot of money for doing those Audit survey .Now that’s a job I could do from home

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
i have printed out the survey will show it to vocal who are coming on wednesday and also my husbands advocacy perhaps they will take up the idea then hand the results in to the scottish parliment. I to have been searching the net tomight for a job and also what benifits you get. Think i prefer to work that way i know what i have got to live. I'm tired after not sleeping. Although my husband has been a good boy today. Hope i sleep tonight - hammer at the ready-

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976