Reminyl

luda

Jan 27, 2013
MIL was told she has Alzheimer's -Dementia :( and has been given Reminyl, can anyone tell me how effected this has been and if the side effect are very common, she has to take 8mg to start then build up to 24mg. Thanks

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hi

My husband has been on them for 4 years, I think they have helped slow his decline. The main side-effect he had was an upset stomach, I think this is fairly common and is the reason I think that the dose is gradually built up.

Hope this helps'

Helen

luda

Jan 27, 2013
Hi Helen thank you for the reply, did the stomach upset settle after a while or was it for a long time?x

Lynn

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
I have just remembered that when ever the dose was changed he had a couple of off days, so he would stay in bed then he would be fine.

Helen

luda

Jan 27, 2013
Thanks again Helen nice to know what can happen,I do like to know as much as possible, if I can. Hope you OH is doing ok.x

sleith

Sep 7, 2011
Manchester
Remylin

Thanks again Helen nice to know what can happen,I do like to know as much as possible, if I can. Hope you OH is doing ok.x

Hello luda
My husband has been on Remylin for three years with no side effects
I would not like to say if it has helped.The consultant told us that it would help with the day to day living.You do not know if the decline would have been different if he had not been taking it.
Good Luck
sleith

Last edited:

luda

Jan 27, 2013
Thanks sleith with a bit of luck we will have no side affects but some improvement with the memory, that the trouble we will never know, if it has worked or not .:rolleyes: