Remembering the dead

beckibee

Jun 20, 2013
Hi

My mum is in middle to late stage, I need a bit od advice, her mum died 20 odd years ago but at the moment she seems to think it is yesterday. She is on a regular basis bursting in tears and saying my mum is dead - she fell from a great height and there was nothing we could do, my grandma died from a heart attack. My mum is always getting upset over this and we just don't know what to say to her, I try changing the subject, discusiing death and how it happens and lots of people's mums are dead. I never know whether I'm saying the right thing. My daughter struggles too she is only 14 but spends quite a lot of time with her grandma. I don't like to see my mum getting upset like this - is this normal and can anyone advice me as to what I say to her. Thanks

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
There re are no "normals" with this disease but yes it is something I've seen other people go through, it must be horrendous for your poor mum grieving again and again.

I have no pearls of wisdom for you but hope this stage is short lived for you, your daughter and your mum.