Reluctance to join in

GIllian 286

Jan 5, 2016
Hi I posted earlier about my mum in residential care with no one to chat to. An extension to this problem is that she doesn't have any interest in or concentration for anything to replace this ie reading, tv, crafts, The home does provide activities but she is very reluctant to join in and this is only adding to her not settling in. Have other members experienced this and is it hopefully something which may improve with time ?

whileaway

Dec 11, 2015
Try Music!

Hi I posted earlier about my mum in residential care with no one to chat to. An extension to this problem is that she doesn't have any interest in or concentration for anything to replace this ie reading, tv, crafts, The home does provide activities but she is very reluctant to join in and this is only adding to her not settling in. Have other members experienced this and is it hopefully something which may improve with time ?

Play her some music that she would be familiar with. My father now is back in his Menonite past in listening to an acappella choir, and loves the old big band he came of age in. I think it is the religious music that will predominate in the next year. Which leads me to wonder if resident centers might attract people from a similar music background, and that way, have it playing in the common rooms to general approval. Music is a great thing, as it is the last memory to go, and is associated with feelings and memory and place.

Recent Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan