Relief at last.

jumbo

Nov 20, 2017
My wife has finally been granted peace when she was taken from me after battling in hospital for 23 hours last Thursday. But what a shock. And who is still putting out her clothes each morning for her to put on? It has been a long journey of nearly eleven years and I would like to thank everyone for their help in recent times.
God Bless to everyone. Jumbo

Caz60

Jul 24, 2014
Lancashire
My wife has finally been granted peace when she was taken from me after battling in hospital for 23 hours last Thursday. But what a shock. And who is still putting out her clothes each morning for her to put on? It has been a long journey of nearly eleven years and I would like to thank everyone for their help in recent times.
God Bless to everyone. Jumbo
So sorry for your loss may it be peaceful for you also .Take care x

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland
Dear Jumbo, we will still be here when if you need us going forward. Take care of yourself and I hope there will be family or friends to support you in the next phase of your life.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Yes, even when we lovingly want the best for the person we love, it does not ease the shock and pain. Give yourself time and care. Remember the good times together. All blessings, Alice

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
Even when the journey has come to an end - it still goes on - it will take time.

You can perhaps gain some comfort from the fact that this disease no longer has her in its grips, and you are not faced with it on a daily basis.

Over time, the thought of dementia, which has dominated your life, and taken so much, will slip into the background, and you will remember her as the woman she truly was.

Look after yourself, and well done

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I am sorry for your loss. Your devotion shone through. I wish you strength and peace to see you through the days, weeks and months ahead.

Theresalwaystomorrow

Dec 23, 2017
Sending my condolences. X
I attended my dads funeral yesterday he was 91.5,yrs he leaves behind my mum, 88yrs late stage Alzheimer’s.
We played
Vicky Brown, ‘look for me in rainbows ‘
It’s beautiful words for those left behind,
Take care x

Grahamstown

Jan 12, 2018
East of England
I am so sorry for your loss @jumbo and send my condolences. We battle on from day to day as if it will never end and when it does the shock is so sudden that I think we must be “in shock”.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
My condolences to you. I do understand about putting her clothes out, as it took my husband and I several months to stop saying "We'll do that after we visit Mum".

dancer12

Jan 9, 2017
Mississauga
So sorry for your loss. May God give you the strength within the next few days, weeks and in the future to carry on. She is at peace now.