Release

Lily1

Feb 6, 2018
I’ve made a few posts here, and have always found help, like minded people and support. My mum, diagnosed in May with an accompanying myriad of respiratory diseases gave up her fight last week. I miss her terribly but am glad that we were with her, that we were able to keep supporting her and that she was (and always will be ) the centre of our lives. Alzheimers is perhaps hardest on those of us who become the carers but in a strange way, it protected mum from the reality of her life. Thanks to all who gave me support, advice and who shared my frustrations. Xx

Lily1

Feb 6, 2018
Thank you, this journey takes its toll but TP definitely is a great help. Thank you as well for your input, it was valuable.

Lily1

Feb 6, 2018
Thanks, even though mum was so dependent on us, somehow I still find myself looking for her support. x

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
sad news @Lily1
whatever the circumstances it's a milestone in life when we lose our mum; my condolences
I hope there's comfort for you in knowing you have been at her side throughout

I'm glad TP has been a support: it will still here for you should you need folk to listen and share

hilaryd

May 28, 2017
Wishing you well, @Lily1, and sorry to hear this news - mums are special and can't be replaced. Good to know that you could be with her at the end - treasure your memories and be proud of the care you gave her xxx

Fullticket

Apr 19, 2016
Chard, Somerset
Your phrase 'protected mum from the reality of her life' wasn't something I'd thought of before and it is so true. I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious mum but you were there beside her, fighting her battles, sorting out her problems and supporting her to the end. I'm sure she was proud of you.

myss

Jan 14, 2018
Dear @Lily1 , how nice of you to think of posting this thread at this sad time. I'm pleased to hear that you found some comfort from TP. All the best to you and your family xx