1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. Del24

Del24 Registered User

Aug 17, 2014
    Hertfordshire
    My wife woke up this morning thinking she had just been born so she said I was her father and she would not be able to walk, get washed etc.
    She was very vocal and it took the carer and I a long time to get her washed and dressed.
    It was a coincedence that her birthday is on the 15th Jan and it is the 15th today.
    She just told me it was all faked.
    Is this a common thing with this illness.

2. stanleypj

stanleypj Registered User

Dec 8, 2011
    North West
    That's a new one on me but everything and anything is possible when it comes to these dreadful diseases. It's certainly common for PWD to be even more confused than usual on first waking.

I do hope your wife is a little more like her 'normal' self now.

3. jimbo 111

jimbo 111 Registered User

Jan 23, 2009
    North Bucks