registered social work

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
as I said I know a little bit about the degree but not very much about the diploma so don't know much about the differences between the two.

Brenda

yes brenda Your right you have written it down, better then I could write type it, I was always a person that can verbalize more express something in words, rather then have been of someone with an academic background , due to lack of understanding of my dyslexia in the 70s and getting lost in the education system , because of lack of funding and understanding

Now days the system has changed and they is more support for people with my
Affliction (how I perceive it )
of any learning disability they may have in schools and university.

I personnel do know all about the how to became a SW now, but understand little about how they use to do it in the past, with the diploma . that is all what I meant .

I do understand that people agree , disagree about how the system has change in becoming a social worker in the way the new system work the government or who every rule it, social care council made the rule not I for the change . So whom and I to disagree as then other who read it may course

Offence they
Disagree on what I say
and we getting no where and I have a headache :) from yesterday

I am just sharing my experience in how to find out about direct payment and what I know . I better shut up :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Well that it , my social worker has a degree in SW . I just rang her , she lovely really only because she sorted out a lovely care home for my mother for respite that other carer have reported back that is good even with people that are difficult and has all the adaptation to help my mother get around

So mum go to respite tomorrow for 2 weeks , and my new washing machine come toady as I have not had on for 3 weeks so I can do my million pilled up washing and sort mum clothes out .

I am a bit apprehensive about mum going because we have just moved , mum just getting use to living hear , oh dear , but I need the rest 2 weeks , gosh a rest meaning a real rest not moving house like my last respite . oh life and caring for someone well being is hard

I rang the British association of social workers 01216223911 http://www.basw.co.uk/, to find out how the old system work and they told me that they had been companying for years for people to have a degree in social work as she said the old system all you needed was a diploma for 2 years .

They wanted it like in Scotland where they social worker all ways had to have a degree for social work

Last edited:

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Degree well ok I have had holds put on the Direct Payments told what i have to do with it (Agency only) 10hrs a week, respite seperate. Hardly comes to the house even when things got bad. Says i'm concerned over the phone but leaves us and does nothing. ILF not trough yet. Ive been telling her since last year this has to change, but what i get we'll just keep it like that just now. Everyone is telling me the 10hrs is of no good. Yet the Scottish Exec say * DPs can be used to Employ your own staff * Contract with an Agency *Pay for respite * Buy equipment * A combination of the above. The ILF should be applied for at the start of the DP. Direct Payments should be based on the amount of support needed. Ive been up since 3.30 this morning, I have everything to do for him as well i do this for 106hrs a week this doesnt include nights. Have i been assesed right and treated right? Scottish Exec told me its awful.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Have you had a Care Review since last Year overview Assessment for the single Assessment process?

I have one hour every morning a carer come in to wash mum Mon – Saturday , then mum has 3 days at day centre 3 time week 15 hours, that she pays £6 a day .

So really social services are only giving me 7 hours a week, but if I felt my mother could not go to daycentre then they would be able to have a carer in to sit with my mother in my house .

Write down in what area you think you need more help in , and then tell them when you have your carer assessment review

I also get 8 weeks a year respite ,not 12 that I thought the extra 4 is only in case of emergency .I do not get direct payments .

My social worker does not come to my house also only for the review of my assessment , they do put down a lot of restriction on Direct payment , I was going to get it when I went back to work , but was told that I do not need it now I am not working , its not worth the stress of arguing about it , as I am happy with that I can just phone social worker and she organise more hours now then if I need to go out on a day that my mother does not go to daycentre , they phone agency and the carer that come in for my mother does the extra hours

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian.Hogan