Refusing food and medical help

DHN

May 21, 2016
Luton
i am the sole carer for my ex-husband who lives with me and has Alzheimer's. In the last 2 weeks he is refusing to eat hardly anything ( 2 yoghurts a day) saying nothing tastes right and he is not hungry. He does not have major difficulty swallowing yet but he is getting weak and dizzy. I have tried every type of his favourite foods with no luck. He is now starting to turn down fluids. He refuses to go to the GP, what can I do? I want to respect his wishes but I also can't let him carry on like this. Can I phone for medical help against his wishes? I am desperate for some advice please

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @DHN
of course you can, you would for a child with no qualms - you are clearly worried and want help - me, I'd be contacting his GP and, as it's now the weekend, calling 111 to talk this over with the operators - not taking in fluids is a major concern

DHN

May 21, 2016
Luton
hi @DHN
of course you can, you would for a child with no qualms - you are clearly worried and want help - me, I'd be contacting his GP and, as it's now the weekend, calling 111 to talk this over with the operators - not taking in fluids is a major concern