1. Farm Kid

Farm Kid New member

Sep 14, 2019
    my dad doesn’t accept that he has Dementia. However he is starting to be angry and argue about everything. He is good around others but my mom gets the brunt of his anger. He blames her for so many things that are not realistic. The doctor has suggested a medication but recognizes that he would refuse the medicine. She has asked me what he would take so she can get him to accept the medicine. Anyone else had to do this and how did you get them to take the medicine.

2. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    Sometimes if people wont take medication you can crush it and hide it in their food, but check with the GP or pharmacist first as some drugs mustnt be crushed.

3. TNJJ

TNJJ Registered User

May 7, 2019
    Sometimes they will just refuse anything.But,covertly as canary has suggested sometimes works.

4. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    Hide them in yoghurt or mousse.

5. Farm Kid

Farm Kid New member

Sep 14, 2019
    Ideally I’d like to tell them it’s something else that he would happily take, like his B12 he takes nightly. Any suggestions

6. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    Some people have said that its vitamin pills. Are there any physical symptoms that he worries about - high blood pressure, dodgy knee......?

7. Farm Kid

Farm Kid New member

Sep 14, 2019
    Maybe something as simple as prescription vitamins would work. Other than his brain, his body is healthier than men 10-15 years younger than him. He has no ailments.
    Thanks for your suggestions. This forum is great!