• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

Reduction on the LPA form

Jane898

Mar 28, 2015
Hello can anyone help please? I am currently filling out the LPA form with my dad and the cost of the fee is very expensive. I have read the fees and reduction section and it mentions that my parents will have to send a letter to them from the department of work and pensions stating that they receive their benefit ( pensions) from the Department of work and pensions. According to the LPA website this letter must be recent however neither of my parents have a recent letter from the DWP this year. Can anyone offer advice do you think the DWP will send my parents a letter of proof that they receive a pension if they request one?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Miss shiraz

Dec 24, 2014
Midlands
I think they get an annual letter advising the new payment. Sent in march i think as new rate effective from april. As suggested call and ask if you can't find it. The DWP may need to speak to mum/dad first as you don't have PoA.
Good luck with forms i remember filling them in 12 months ago..all the guidelines make it seem more complex than it actually is! :rolleyes: