Recordable Alarm Clock

Grandma Joan

Mar 29, 2013
Wiltshire
Can anyone recommend a gadget whereupon we can record a message and it will play each morning at the same time? And not be switched off?

We want one that we can record our voice to say good morning it's time to wake up, get out of bed and make yourself a cup of tea

Good idea?

What's your experience?

Would be even better if it was smart enough to leave a different message at the weekend too ........

Last edited:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
0117285-0028183-35674.jpg

● talking clock with announcement of time, day and date
● six recordable daily prompts of ten seconds each, these repeat for 60 seconds or until stopped
● battery or mains powered, mains adaptor included

http://www.livingmadeeasy.org.uk/te...g-reminder-clock-0117285-1385-information.htm

EDIT
Another with weekly function included
Memrabel%20side%20angle-2.jpg

RECORD UP TO 4 VOICE MEMO’S
4 X DAILY OR WEEKLY REMINDERS
MEDICATION REMINDERS
TIME TO GET UP
TIME TO GO TO BED
TIME OF DAY ASSOCIATION, SUN ICON FOR DAYTIME HOURS, MOON ICON FOR NIGHTTIME HOURS

http://www.easylinkuk.co.uk/page62.html

Last edited:

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
Can anyone recommend a gadget whereupon we can record a message and it will play each morning at the same time? And not be switched off?

We want one that we can record our voice to say good morning it's time to wake up, get out of bed and make yourself a cup of tea

Good idea?

What's your experience?

Would be even better if it was smart enough to leave a different message at the weekend too ........
There are voice alarm or voice calendar apps if you are that way inclined.:)

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Pete R is talking about using a smartphone or tablet and installing software (application) on it to do what you want.

Grandma Joan

Mar 29, 2013
Wiltshire
Pete R is talking about using a smartphone or tablet and installing software (application) on it to do what you want.

I see, a bit too technical !

Thanks for the other recommendations though, that first one may be an option, the second is off the market for a refurb apparently

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
I see, a bit too technical !
That's why I asked "if you were that way inclined". :)

However if you have an old mobile phone and know any kids under the age of around 40 it would be quite easy for them to set up.:D

Whether anything like this is worth doing and/or how long anything like this would be effective is obviously subjective.

I wish you well.:)

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"However if you have an old mobile phone and know any kids under the age of around 40 it would be quite easy for them to set up."

I think you mean an old smartphone, my current mobile phone would be no use.

nokia-1110i.gif

I only use it for handshakes with financial organisations and carry it when outside, switched on with keypad locked, it has only two contacts listed, ICE1 and ICE2

Grandma Joan

Mar 29, 2013
Wiltshire
That's why I asked "if you were that way inclined". :)

However if you have an old mobile phone and know any kids under the age of around 40 it would be quite easy for them to set up.:D

Whether anything like this is worth doing and/or how long anything like this would be effective is obviously subjective.

I wish you well.:)

Thanks

Grandma Joan

Mar 29, 2013
Wiltshire
We've purchased a Memrabel 2. It ticked all the boxes, we've now got to work out how to record our voices on our pc and transfer onto the gadget - watch this space!

Oh yes and then for MIL to respond to it !

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75