Recommendations for care home

Discussion in 'Middle - later stages of dementia' started by Dec1675, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Dec1675

Dec1675 Registered User

Jan 15, 2016
    I have had to move my great Aunt into a care home on Tuesday the level of care within the home is poor. I would love to hear of any known care homes in the Loughborough and surrounding areas that provide a good level of care.

2. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    It's already been said that we can't make recommendations on the open forum, please understand that.

3. tigerlady

tigerlady Registered User

Nov 29, 2015
    I think you already were given advice to go to a carers organisation/cafe to ask peoples opinions

Also the local LA may be able to advise which homes have places so you can look round them

Also look up these links

http://www.cqc.org.uk

this will give you reports of homes and then you can visit the ones you think are most suitable

http://www.carehomeselection.co.uk

this is a free service to help you choose care homes

4. 1mindy

1mindy Registered User

Jul 21, 2015
    Female
    Shropshire
    I have found the social worker very good.She cannot dismiss any that are in their book she says but she does. So see if your friendly social worker will point you in the right direction.

5. tigerlady

tigerlady Registered User

Nov 29, 2015
  6. fizzie

fizzie Registered User

Jul 20, 2011
    Whereabouts in the country are you? the reason I ask is that there some useful local organisations around but it is a bit patchy. You are obviously and understandably stressed by the situation and want to move your aunt before she settles fully. I understand that and how stressful it is to be in that situation. I still think that your local carers organisation is a good bet. If anyone came to our carers cafe with that question they would have a tonne of information in less than 5 minutes - all the local ins and outs lol and a lot of friendship and support to boot x