Recommendations for cameras.

Rach1571

Feb 24, 2021
Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone could recommend some cameras for inside my mums house. Just so I can keep an eye on her when i'm not there. Also I would really appreciate recommendations for the Ring doorbells. There are so many I dont know which to go for. Thanks. x

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
@Rach1571 I dont need cameras per say but your post has me wondering whether or not T can buy a doorbell that would automatically either via TV or a small monitor show who is at the door as my OH will open the door without questioning who might be there and the little peephole may as well be there for show. It will be interesting to see your replies.

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
The ring doorbell shows you a picture of who is at the front door on your mobile phone.
I seem to remember you can also get the picture to come up on your Alexa echo show but I haven’t bothered try this. You could mount an echo show next to the front door I suppose?

I have the most basic ‘ring’ doorbell. Had I paid more I could have had mains power or a few other features. unscrewing the unit to charge it can be a bit of a pain but isn’t major really.

My YI camera is fabulous. I recommend them to the cows come home but no one ever takes any notice. They are so cheap on Amazon. You pay no subscription. But you do need broadband installed at the property.

It is worth putting ‘ do not unplug ‘ notes on the chimes for the ring !

Kevin R

Mar 9, 2021
Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone could recommend some cameras for inside my mums house. Just so I can keep an eye on her when i'm not there. Also I would really appreciate recommendations for the Ring doorbells. There are so many I dont know which to go for. Thanks. x
Hi Rach,

we got

YI HOME dome cameras (about £35 each)

and couldn’t be happier, they also have night vision, and a very easy to use app. Cant recommend enough.

Rach1571

Feb 24, 2021
Hi Rach,

we got

YI HOME dome cameras (about £35 each)

and couldn’t be happier, they also have night vision, and a very easy to use app. Cant recommend enough.
Thank you so much i have just ordered a pack of 2. Fingers crossed.

Rach1571

Feb 24, 2021
The ring doorbell shows you a picture of who is at the front door on your mobile phone.
I seem to remember you can also get the picture to come up on your Alexa echo show but I haven’t bothered try this. You could mount an echo show next to the front door I suppose?

I have the most basic ‘ring’ doorbell. Had I paid more I could have had mains power or a few other features. unscrewing the unit to charge it can be a bit of a pain but isn’t major really.

My YI camera is fabulous. I recommend them to the cows come home but no one ever takes any notice. They are so cheap on Amazon. You pay no subscription. But you do need broadband installed at the property.

It is worth putting ‘ do not unplug ‘ notes on the chimes for the ring !
I have just ordered a pack of 2 on your recommendation! Thanks so much for your help.

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
I have just ordered a pack of 2 on your recommendation! Thanks so much for your help.
I am sure you will be happy!
if you are post back and let us know !
I buy so much technology and I would describe the cameras as some of my most useful kit !
But I recommend them all the time and I think you are the first person to buy them, which is lovely.
Also there is a web site you can find by using the search words. Ask Adam dementia. ( Its Scottish) It’s very good.If you can’t find it then I will stop being lazy and post you a link!!!

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
This is the link that @Weasell mentioned Meet Adam. It's a project by Alzheimer's Scotland and you can find out more about it here. My mother is now in a care home but I did the short questionnaire as though she was still living at home to find out what would have been useful in her set of circumstances. The suggestions appeared to be very sensible, and I would have investigated further if I had needed to.

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
This is the link that @Weasell mentioned Meet Adam. It's a project by Alzheimer's Scotland and you can find out more about it here. My mother is now in a care home but I did the short questionnaire as though she was still living at home to find out what would have been useful in her set of circumstances. The suggestions appeared to be very sensible, and I would have investigated further if I had needed to.
Thank you!
meet, ask , ? I knew you had to greet Adam in some way !!!