1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    #1 Norman, Dec 5, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
    Today I received my copy of the Birmingham and Solihull Alzheimer's branch news letter.
    There is advice on emergency numbers over the Christmas period.Advice is given about the Alzheimer's helpline.
    The last advice is ; The society's online discussion forum Talking Point may also be a source of comfort and advice.

2. Margarita

Margarita Registered User

Feb 17, 2006
    london
    I went to the link and got this Norman :(

File Not Found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

If you typed the page address in the address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

3. alex

alex Registered User

Apr 10, 2006
    Yep..........me too!
    Love Alex x

4. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    #4 Norman, Dec 5, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
    Sorry about that,I copied it from the news letter!!!!!
    I think they mean the link minus the "Talking Point". www.alzheimers.org.uk/
    I will speak to them about it.
    Norman
    PS I have removed the link from my post.

5. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
  6. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    #6 Norman, Dec 6, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
    Hi Jeniferpa
    You are correct
    The important bit is that we got a mention in the news letter,first time I think
    Norman