receptors

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Was reading this

NR1/2D receptors may be the least-studied of the major NMDA receptor subtypes, but there is increasing evidence that they play important roles in the brain, including the process of long-term depression (which, like long-term potentiation, is thought to be essential for learning and memory) and disease.

A better understanding of how NMDA receptors work could lead to better treatments for schizophrenia, Alzheimer's disease, and stroke.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/10/061023192251.htm

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Oh heck Margarita: I have decided in my next life I shall study the brain, how it works, and NMDA - we may have more support by then!!

Love Jan

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
hopefully in Our next life , Science has found the Cure for Alzheimer's , because at the rate they going now, it won't happen in Our generation.

All could it be they need more funding !

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Does say above that

NR1/2D receptors may be the least-studied of the major NMDA receptor subtypes, but there is increasing evidence that they play important roles in the brain, including the process of long-term depression (which, like long-term potentiation, is thought to be essential for learning and memory) and disease.

So they is an understanding of the brain and its functions , as they is increasing evidence that they play important roles in the brain, including the process of long-term depression (which, like long-term potentiation, is thought to be essential for learning and memory) and disease.

Just like to add :) Whether the human brain can understand itself is one of the oldest philosophical questions :D

Last edited:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I just found this

Optical Scientists, Psychiatrists Develop Minimally Invasive Eye Test for Alzheimer's

http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2005/1210-detecting_alzheimers_early.htm

Then if you want listen to Video to what the woman say at the end of it , compared to what are government think about giving treatment early has just left me in Shock .

America seem so advice in they research in AZ that was way back in 05

Where they getting they money from must be from Government.

Last edited:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Predicting Alzheimer's
Psychiatrists Can Predict Onset of Alzheimer's with New EEG Test

March 1, 2006 — Using new computer software that analyzes EEG data, psychiatrists can now better distinguish early signs of Alzheimer's from normal aging, by spotting marked differences between the left and right sides of the brain. Diagnosing Alzheimer's early can be vital because new drugs can now slow the progression the disease. The new technique is cheaper and less invasive than using MRIs or PET scans for the same diagnosis.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2006/0303-predicting_alzheimers.htm

Beth Cenicola's and her sister Dianne Burke's mother has Alzheimer's. They remember her as someone who loved to go places and do things. At 94, however, their mother has been battling Alzheimer's for eight years. "The hardest part is seeing your mother and knowing that she doesn't know who you are," Beth says.

Both sisters are getting a basic EEG scan as part of a new test that will predict if Alzheimer's is in their futures.

Last edited: