Recently diagnosed with Borderline Dementia

Sandwag

Aug 31, 2017
Plymouth
Hi, I am new here and glad I found this website.
My concern is I was diagnosed with borderline dementia 5 months ago. My consultant told me I will be called in to have a brain scan. I have not heard a thing since then. I spoke to my doctor a month ago about me having to wait so long for my brain scan and he said he will gee the hospital up but I have still not heard anything.
Last week I emailed PALS for advice but have not heard back from them either.
I always thought that diagnosis like this would be acted on quickly before I get any worse?
Any help or advice will be more than welcome.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Hello Sandwag and welcome to TP. I am so sorry to read about what has brought you here. It must be very frustrating and upsetting for you. I think you should try pestering your GP and saying how upset you are. I hope others will be along with more suggestions.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I'm just bumping this thread as I'm sure there must be many members who can offer Sandwag information and support.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
My wife has already had CT and MRI scans that took months to 'happen'. A PET scan was requested by the consultant in May and we still await an appointment letter. Long delays seem to be the norm in our corner of the UK. I hope you get your scan soon as it must be a worry for you.

SnowWhite

Nov 18, 2016
Hello and welcome Sandwag. What about ringing the Consultants Secretary direct? I have done that many times over the years and they're very helpful. Xx

Sandwag

Aug 31, 2017
Plymouth
Thank you to you all for the great support and advice. I did not think of contacting the consultant's secretary. I will do that on Monday.
Once again thank you !
Sandwag