Reassessment

Calliope74

Jan 27, 2021
Mums having a reassess tomorrow and I’m dreading it, that I will have to tell the doctor about the behaviour she has started to exhibit infront of her, she is un aware of the times she is irrational or aggressive,. Will I be able to speak to them without her there?

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
I keep records of all my wife's behaviour incidents that go beyond the norm as the details are useful to the medics.

If the assessment is at a memory clinic I get to talk to the medics separately. If the assessment is on the phone or at home my wife listens in. I just carry on as what I say is simply the truth and I tell my wife that I say these things so that I can get the best possible support for her - she has always accepted that, even though she can get a bit upset about it all.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
Hello @Calliope74 could you maybe write down what has been happening and then hand this note to the doctor when he arrives? It will save having to go into too much detail in from of your mum, or maybe take them into the kitchen, telling your mum you're making a cup of tea, so that you can get them on their own for a while?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alister